"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

9.07.2012

Driving Home

The day we left it rained....a lot. We woke up to pack and clean. Packing the car was a beast and I am still amazed we fit it all in there. Here is a funny side note when Don and Rachel took a pile of stuff to the Salvation Army the guy was like "oh my goodness this is some really nice stuff.... i'll just take this straight to the back." Rachel was laughing so hard when she got home to tell me that. After we had finished all our serious stuff we went to Sweet Mermaids one last time :( and shopped around for Rachel's last few souvenirs. 
Yes this was our ghetto looking apartment. The outside looked bad but the inside was all re-done and pretty nice. We loved it. It was on the water (literally on pilings) and we had an amazing view out our window. I mean we honestly weren't looking for luxury....we slept on an air bed for 4 months and this little apartment worked out great for us. 
View of Ketchikan from the ferry.
Goodbye
We got on the ferry at 6 that night. Rachel and I did some exploring and playing on dad's Ipad. Then while she did her good old math homework and Don read I fell asleep and was dead under the chairs until we got to Prince Rupert. 
We made it to Prince Rupert Canada at 2 that morning and decided to just drive. It was rainy and really dark at but we managed to stay awake and make it safely. When we got to Prince George Canada (10 hours from Prince Rupert) we decided to keep driving onto Calgary where we were planning on staying with Aneka's mom again. We got to Calgary at 11 at night, so all in all we had traveled about 26 hours straight. The night we spent in Calgary was much needed, we slept great and woke up to drive the rest of the way home. It was great to have Rachel with us not only because we love her but while I would sleep in the back she would keep Don awake and vice versa. We didn't get to Utah until about 1 am the next morning. It was a long trip but it was also a lot of fun. 
Here are some scenery pictures of the drive home. Most of them are in Banff National Park, it is beautiful. Similar to Alaska pictures just don't do it justice. I didn't edit any of these and most of them are from inside the car while we drove. 
Someday Don and I will stay here. 
The water is beautiful. 
He was such a trooper and drove so much. 
Rachel had a little nook back there. 

1 comment:

  1. I am dying over these pictures! Those mountains are incredible! Sheesh your drive home was much more scenic than ours through Nebraska. Looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete