One year ago on Friday I said yes to a question that has and will change my life forever, I married my ultimate best friend. I can't imagine life without him now. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and has taught me so much about being the person I want to be. This year has been the BEST year of my life. We have had a lot of learning experiences, laughing and tons of loving. I don't have a single thing about his last year that I would change.
I woke up on Friday to Don giving me the sweetest gift I have ever gotten....a heart locket with our names on the front and then "only you hold my heart" written on the back. He is so thoughtful. Then I had to go to work and class and when Don came to pick me up he had a single red rose, he said he is giving me the number of roses for our anniversary year (I can't wait for our 75th) oh and he gave me some lotion from Victoria's Secret.
To celebrate Don surprised me by taking me to a place that my friend Cynthia had shown me and I told Don about it. It is called the "Alaska Inn" up Ogden canyon. It has rooms or cabins that are decorated like Alaska. Don got us the "Mysti Fjords Cabin". It was beautiful. Before we got settled in for the night we went farther up the canyon to a little restaurant right on the river called "The Oaks" it was a fun/good place to eat. After we went back down and checked some movies out from the lodge and went to our cabin. We had such an awesome time watching movies and being alone together. The next morning they brought us our delicious breakfast in bed. We hung out and relaxed until it was time to check out and then we headed down to City Creek Mall. We shopped around and just spent time together until our reservation that I surprised Don with at "The Roof". For those of you who have never been there it is on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building right by the temple, and it is delicious. It was a success Don loved it. After we went to my parents house and had a fire in the backyard with them to end a great night.
This was the BEST weekend I think I have ever had. I love being alone with my sweet man. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Our huge bathtub
Wearing my big Alaska sweater in our Alaskan room.
Our cabin
Don's not wanting anymore pictures face.
The place that changed my life for the best 1 year ago.




No comments:
Post a Comment