I found this quote and it reminded me of Don. I haven't been sleeping very well lately and this is exactly how I feel when I cuddle up to him while he is sleeping. I can honestly say that in the morning laying next to Don while he is still asleep are some of the best times.
"Happiness is waking up in
the middle of the night, and feeling the heat of the person next to you. You
turn around and see them in their most peaceful, innocent, and vulnerable state.
They breathe as though the weight of the world lies on anyone's shoulder but
their own. You smile, kiss their face in the most gentle manner so as not to
wake them. You turn back around and an involuntary grin forms on your own face.
You feel an arm wrap around your waist, and you know it doesn't get any better
than this."
He is so sweet to me and makes my life so much better than I ever imagined. He does the littlest things for me that mean the world. Right before anatomy class last week I looked down and realized that I was wearing flip flops. For lab you have to have closed toed shoes. My sweet husband ran all the way to the car and drove home to get me shoes. He made it back just in time and we were able to go to lab.
Don sometimes hides under my desk at work so that he doesn't have to leave to class.
The other day when I got home from work and school late at night. Don had this beautiful peach rose for me just because he said he is proud of me. I love him so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment