For conference weekend Don picked me up from work with all of our stuff packed and ready to go up to his cabin. We got to the cabin at about 2 and went to hike to Stewart Falls. We LOVE Stewart Falls area, it is a special place for Don and I...and yes I am going to do a little bit of reminiscing right now. This is where we went on our very first date snow shoeing, Don proposed so perfectly up here, we took engagement photos in this area, and we have had a lot of memories and good talks here.
After hiking and enjoying the beautiful fall colors we went down to Sundance deli to get some of my favorite food. We brought it back up to the cabin and watched a movie while we ate. It was so much fun to spend a night completely alone, no cell phones or interruptions. We cuddled by the fire, had numerous cups of hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows. It was the best night. The next morning we listened to conference on the radio and headed down to Michah's 1st birthday party with the family.
I got to spend a great night with my mom, Stephen, and Megan while Don was at the Priesthood session with his good friend. We loved spending Sunday morning with Nakita and her adorable kids at the cabin.
Dons favorites.....Blazer, Cabin, Fall, Plaid, and I guess me (according to him).
This would be Don's serious face. Sometimes he is a punk about pictures.
I can't even tell you how much I love this man of mine.
Last but not least Conference was incredible. I always love listening to the inspired men who lead our church today. I cannot think of anything more that I needed to hear right now in my life than some of the talks that were given.


No comments:
Post a Comment