Sometimes I just go to what I call my "job" and wonder how I am so lucky to be in this BEAUTIFUL place with my best friend in the world. My job is amazing. I get to swing above the trees in the largest temperate rain forest in the world everyday, I work with awesome people, and I get to meet people from all over the world everyday.
I love Alaska and can't imagine a better place to be spending my summer. I have met so many great friends and I have done so many amazing things.
On Tuesday we went to my company BBQ at the lake, which was awesome. I work with some fun people that's for sure.
On Wednesday this week we were able to go halibut fishing out in a skiff with some of our friends, Ben and Sam. We had quite the eventful fishing trip seeing as the very first fish we brought in were huge red snappers. The people at Knudson Cove (where we rent the skiff) said that it was the biggest red snapper they have seen all year. It was 12 pounds. They are weak fighters once you have them on the line. Don thought he had a boot or something. When he got it to the surface it was the monster. After that we caught two sharks. The first one was little and the second one (which I didn't get a picture of) was about 4 feet. So we caught almost everything in the ocean other than a halibut, but nonetheless it was a great day. Oh and Wednesday was the first sunny day of the week and it has been sunny ever since. We are loving the warmth and light.
baby shark
doing work
The rest of the week we just hung out and enjoyed the weather. On Saturday Don had to go to work later in the evening and I went to a dance practice for a concert that I am going to be in called gigglefeet. The concert is part of the blueberry festival which is supposedly an awesome week here in Ketchikan so we are pretty excited to experience it. Anyways it was rough dancing for 2 hours after I haven't danced for years, but it was super fun to hang out. When I got home I cleaned the house and then we had a late night snack consisting of popcorn and dark chocolate covered acai blueberries (yummy stuff) in our bed while we talked and joked around before bed. I seriously love that I get to have a slumber party with Don every single night.
Today we both had to work for a little while, which kind of stinks because we never get to go to church or spend Sundays together. This Sunday was different though we got off at noon and I picked Don up with a surprise picnic. We went and changed into swim suits and had a picnic then laid on the beach of our favorite Lake Ward. It was a beautiful, sunny, relaxing Sunday that we spent together alone. Time to relax was much needed and we loved it. Later we had a pancake party with some of our friends and then we went to the night session of church.
Don is so amazing. I love him more than anything in the world. He honestly is my world. I couldn't be more grateful for the way he is with others and the amazing husband he is to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment