On June 6th Don and I decided to go out deep sea fishing (which
neither of us have ever done) so we rented a 14 ft skiff and headed out to the
open sea. I am not gonna lie I was a little nervous at first because of all the
stories we hear up here about killer whales and sea lions and all that. I was
also nervous because an average halibut up here is about my weight. That is freaky to pull in a halibut that
could eat me on a little skiff. None the less I went with Don because he wanted
to go so bad and I didn’t want him to go alone. We woke up at 6, made lunches
and got all of our stuff together. We headed out and got on our little boat.
The people at Knudson Cove said we would be safe as long as we knew how to
drive the boat, we had them give us a crash course on how to drive it and we
were off. We got out there and dropped
the line, and then we waited. While we were waiting we saw plenty of seals and
sea lions right around us, little fish and huge humpback whales. I was turned
around and I saw Don’s face looking right behind me and then he said “babe turn
around there are whales right behind you” I turned around and about 100 ft from
our little boat there were probably 9 humpbacks headed right toward us.
Seriously I think both of our hearts sped up a little bit (they were gigantic).
They were spraying water out of their blow holes and then they dove down and we
could feel the waves from their tales it was pretty intense. Later on we saw a
few more a couple of times but not as close. As for our fishing we had
something on the line and it broke away, Don realed in his line and our bait
was gone except for the head (sneaky fish). So we weren’t able to catch
anything because I had to go to a meeting and training for work. But we had a
great time.
A side note to our
fishing experience: we were walking off the docks when we saw an eagle flying
really low to the dock. It dove down to grab something right off the dock and
when it got back into the air it was carrying a man’s bait along with his whole
fishing pole. He flew away and the guy that lost his fishing gear was a little
irritated to say the least.
After fishing we went
to my work for my training and when I finished training we had 2 hours to kill
until the meeting and bbq so I took Don up on the ziplines. We had so much fun
just hanging out up there and taking pictures. Then we had a good bbq with my
work and headed home to relax.
Oh and we finished
our painting yesterday. It turned out better than we thought it would.
On June 8th Don and I had a great day we went out and fished off
the docks for 5 hours. It was a beautiful sunny day so I just layed on the dock
talking to Don while he fished. We had a great time being together and talking
about our lives and what we want for the future. Being with Don is bliss, he is
so easy to be with and to talk to. We have so much fun and love spending time together.
After we got home we went out to dinner to a chinese restraunt that we have
never tried before and we loved it. Then we walked around the shops for a little
while and of course I found another jacket that I fell in love with. If you
know me I have a slight (when I say slight I mean HUGE) addiction to cute
jackets. I can never have enough. After that Don and I went to a cute local
store where they make soaps and don bought me some blueberry patch soap, which
smells sooo good.
There are 9 eagles in this picture (good luck finding them all) the juvenile ones blend in on the right side of the picture pretty well.
I love our nights here together, we are so relaxed here
and have so much fun just spending our free time together. We watch movies every night
and cuddle (which are my favorite times). We are so lucky to be up here and be
experiencing the things that we are. There isn't a day that goes by that we don’t
love.
Don wanted me to put this on here because it is my other addiction ...... Ovaltine! I drink it every night before we go to bed (yes we are about to go to bed and it is light outside).
You two are just the cutest! I love reading about all of your adventures together. Love you dear!
ReplyDeleteI love reading it too! We miss you sweeties! Be safe and see you in August!
ReplyDelete