"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

6.04.2012

Days Off

This week was awesome. That is really all I need to say. We worked a lot this week but it is all good because we both really enjoy our jobs and we get off with enough time to do whatever we want. 
After work on Friday we walked around the shops downtown and went to the Sweet Mermaid Cafe to get hot chocolate and yummy pastries. Deliciousness. 
Thank goodness for our day off on Saturday though. It was much needed.  We went to sleep super early the night before, so we woke up at 6 and watched a little bit of a movie in our bed, then we went on a float plane tour to Misty Fjords (the National Monument) it was awesome. Don was in heaven being inside the plane and looking at the scenery and it was seriously the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I loved it. After we got off Don and I decided some day he will get his pilot license and we will have a float plane....(we can dream right?).
This is where I work. Straight inland from the cove.
Beautiful Ketchikan

Standing on the floats in the middle of the water.
After our plane ride we went up to our favorite spot at Ward Lake and had a BBQ right on the water side. We roasted hot dogs on sticks we found and it was so fun to be with Don and just relax. The food was great then we decided to take our new kayak for a spin. We literally took it for a spin we are both used to being in our own kayaks so we were not very good together in an inflatable kayak, we couldn't figure out how to go straight for a little while. We got the hang of it eventually after I soaked Don and he accidentally hit me in the head with the paddle. :)

Later that night we went to our favorite restaurant Ocean View and came home to a double rainbow and then a full moon outside of our apartment. 
Don and I have some new hobbies that we have discovered up here. Because we don't have internet or a television we find new fun things to do. We tell each other stories a lot, cuddle, and go exploring but the other day we found some "paint your own picture by number" kits and we have started painting our very own masterpiece. They claim these kits are for 8 years and older but I don't know how an 8 year old would do it personally. Don and I are working on one together and it is pretty hard. We are pretty proud of how it is looking as of right now because normally both of us feel artistically challenged. I will put a picture up as soon as it is done. 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your pictures in Alaska! It is making me a little jealous right now, but I am glad you guys are having an adventure.

    ReplyDelete