"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

5.27.2012

Can't believe it has already been a month!

I don't even know where to start.....other than we LOVE it here. I haven't blogged for a while because we don't have internet and we spend our time outside exploring. It is so beautiful and the people are so nice. I also love that Don and I get to spend so much more time together here than in school. We go to work in the early morning and get off at about 4 everyday then we go on so many fun adventures, hikes, we explore the tide pools, we watch movies, and we explore the new town we live in. Don and I have been able to grow so much together already in the short time we have been up here. Here are a few pictures of some of our good times. 
Our matching mocassins to wear around the house Don broke his (the day we got them)
Awesome tree at Ward Lake with a pose from Don
Ward Lake
The rope swing we found at Ward Lake. I couldn't get down the way I got up so Don put me on his shoulders and carried me for a while. 
  
Harriet Hunt Lake
This is at Mountain Point. Don and I love to sit here to look for whales and talk while we take in the beautiful scenery.
Mountain Point
This is at Saxman Native Village in the Clan house. This little boy is only 4 and he would dance the native dances in front of everyone. It was adorable he was so serious and into it. 
I rode along with Don for a day on his tours and when we got to Saxman they asked for volunteers and no one went up but they were cheering for "Don the bus driver" to go up and dance so he was a good sport. I loved every minute of it. 
This is one of our favorite restaurants in Knudson Cove. They have great fish and chips and it is right on the dock.
It's such a cute place
Bald Eagles are everywhere literally. The locals call them buzzards because they see them so often but I don't think Don and I will ever grow old of seeing them. We still get so excited every time.
This is also Knudson Cove right off one of the docks
This is view from our bedroom window (not even zoomed in) we are right on the ocean. Our apartment is on pilings above the water.
A cool waterfall we found
Ward Lake again
and again..
The trip we took last week to the lake
I found my new bed
We love being outside up here, it is the most beautiful place in the world. On this trip we spent 2 hours at the lake walking around, skipping rocks (which I am getting better at because of Don), and laying in the soft plants talking.
Here is a cute side note of my amazing husband. The other night I got out of the shower and Don was just waiting there with my blow dryer ready to blow dry my hair because it never is dry up here. When I asked him why he wanted to blow dry my hair he said "I just thought you might want your hair dry because it is always wet from the rain." He is the sweetest man in the entire world.
One other story is that I have been sick for a couple of weeks but last week it was bad. I had a sore throat and cough and all that stuff. I was coughing so much that I ended up waking Don up early in the morning at 5 and he just got up and went to the store to buy me the necessities. He came back with tissues, vick's vapor rub, herbal tea for my sore throat, medicine, a bag of peanut M&Ms, and the movie The Vow. Gosh he knows me so well and is so sweet. He came back with all that stuff at put the vick's vapor rub on my feet and chest so I would stop coughing. He gave me medicine and watched the Vow with me. He treats me so well I can't imagine my life without him. He is my ultimate best friend and the only person I can spend every second of everyday with and still not get enough of him. 
Our jobs are going great. I love my company and the people I work with, it is a very different environment but we are just like a family because we are there so much. I love being on the zip lines all day long. Don is really enjoying his job and he is great at it. People love him and think he is the nicest boy. 

4 comments:

  1. You two are the coolest people ever and i love you both. i miss you both so much and cant wait to see you again. Just to tell you guys because i know youll be excite... i am all done with my mission papers and i just have to do the interviews. I love you two so much. love Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you guys look great! I'm glad that this has been such a great and growing experience for you guys! I'm sure Don is in heaven with the whales, bald eagles, beautiful nature + a gorgeous wife by his side!! Love you guys! Can't wait to see more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! ahh I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear things are going well. Love the pictures, and I'm glad you have a place to live. (That worked out alright, it sounds like?)

    ...I miss this state! Say hi to it for me.

    ReplyDelete