We left on Tuesday the 24th for Alaska for the summer. We drove the first day from Utah up through Montana to Calgary Canada where we stayed with my friend Aneka's sweet mom. We woke up to a delicious breakfast on the 25th and drove to Prince George. I have NEVER been through prettier scenery than the national forests and parks through the rocky mountains. We had lunch on the river where we played and relaxed for a little while.






where we had lunch
We got to Prince George late and to be honest it was not my favorite city because we stayed in a ghetto hotel by the government housing. We didn't sleep very well there but as we were driving out the next morning we realized that the outskirts of the city were so much more beautiful than downtown.
We drove another beautiful stretch of land where we saw two black bears and the shoe tree. We arrived in Prince Rupert on the 26th.


I LOVE this city. It is right on the ocean and it is a beautiful little welcoming city. We went to dinner and met the cutest older Chinese waitress, she spoke with us forever asking us about school and work and then when it was time to pay we went to give her a good tip because she was so sweet and she changed the price on the receipt and said "you need your money to pay for school, when you graduate come back and then I will accept your tip". She was so sweet and made our night. We also stayed in the cutest hotel/hostel it is so nice and adorable.
This road trip has been one of my all time favorite trips I have ever taken. I love being with Don anytime and all the time, it doesn't matter what we are doing or where we are going. Even though we have driven about 36 hours it has gone by so fast. We have had a great time laughing and teasing the entire way. Don makes me laugh so hard sometimes that I get hiccups for an hour or even longer. I love how he makes me smile and feel.
Tonight we will get on the ferry and head to Ketchikan our new home.
I forgot to post this post earlier because we do not have internet in our new apartment. We are in Ketchikan now and have been for a week. We live pretty much right on a dock and have an incredible view. We have both been training this week and I can honestly say training for a zip line guide has been the most exhausting job I have ever done both physically and mentally. I have never been so sore all over my body and my fingers have never been so worn out from opening carabiners all day long. There are so many new skills for me to learn for the test we take later this week. I love it though. I am 150 feet in the air from 8 in the morning until 5 at night.
Don's training is going well the tour season officially starts tomorrow so the city is finally waking up. All of the shops are opening and everything is coming alive. The only down side is, is that it is so cold here right now and rains all day, we cannot wait for some sun hopefully. The scenery here is breath taking it truly is one of the prettiest places I have ever been. I will post more pictures later.
I forgot to post this post earlier because we do not have internet in our new apartment. We are in Ketchikan now and have been for a week. We live pretty much right on a dock and have an incredible view. We have both been training this week and I can honestly say training for a zip line guide has been the most exhausting job I have ever done both physically and mentally. I have never been so sore all over my body and my fingers have never been so worn out from opening carabiners all day long. There are so many new skills for me to learn for the test we take later this week. I love it though. I am 150 feet in the air from 8 in the morning until 5 at night.
Don's training is going well the tour season officially starts tomorrow so the city is finally waking up. All of the shops are opening and everything is coming alive. The only down side is, is that it is so cold here right now and rains all day, we cannot wait for some sun hopefully. The scenery here is breath taking it truly is one of the prettiest places I have ever been. I will post more pictures later.
No comments:
Post a Comment