"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

2.06.2012

Time Flies When Your Having Fun

         This is a little shout out to my amazing husband Don, today it has been 1 year exactly since our first date and the beginning of forever. Over this last year I have never learned so much, laughed so hard, or loved the way that I love you. You have taught me to forgive easily and smile when times get hard. Your example has helped me so many times this year, and I thank you for the blessings and testimony that you have shared with me. This has been the BEST year of my life.
 Don I will never be able to show you how much I love you and how much you mean to me.  I hope that I can continue to serve you as you serve me, then maybe someday when we are old and brittle you will know that my love is never ending for you.
January 2011
We met for the first time working traffic at BYU Police station.
February 2011
I went snow shoeing to Stewart Falls for the first time with a handsome man on our first date. You were such a gentleman and brought up hot chocolate and sleds for a great day.
You took me on my first Harley ride!
We had our very first kiss on Valentine’s Day and it was MAGICAL. We also went on one of my favorite dates to La Jolla Grove and Blickenstaffs (our favorite toy store).
We not only hung out every day but I remember you would take me on at least 4 dates a week. We had a blast.
March 2011
We went to Moab with your family and grew closer and closer together. I fell in the love with your family and I also was able to go Jeeping for the first time.
April 2011
You left me to go to Scottsdale Arizona so I crawled through the doggy door and I decorated your room for Easter while I anxiously waited for you to get home. I missed you so much.
I learned to dirt bike with the most patient teacher.
We went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving point and giggled our way around the tulips. Remember the old lady that told you, you better marry me? 
May 2011
We had a great Harley ride up the canyon to Bridal Veil falls.
June 2011
This was the BEST month of my life or close to it. We went to Escalante for a great camping trip with your family and I fell even more in love with you.
I had the best birthday with you, a beautiful dinner at La Jolla Grove, slow dancing in the mountains, and getting spoiled by my man. Then the next day BBQ with Will and my family, oh ya and learning how to ride a rip stick. I am one lucky girl!
We went up to your cabin lots and with my siblings to the Strawberry days rodeo.
And FINALLY you proposed in the most romantic beautiful way I could have imagined. I was shocked and so excited. Saying YES that day was the SINGLE BEST decision I have ever made. I LOVE YOU!

July 2011
I drove the Harley.
We had a great picnic date up at Stewart Falls and then rode the night ski lift.
We went to Bear Lake with your family and had a great time on the beach ;)!
August 2011
School started and we were counting down for our wedding. We loved registering.....
We went on a second moonlight ride!
We went to the cabin and I caught my first fish thanks to you.
September 2011
 We spent a whole day cleaning our little apartment, moving in, and looking forward to our future.
You took me through the temple for the first time with my family.
WE GOT MARRIED! This was hands down the best day of my existence. I married the man of my dreams who is so handsome and absolutely incredible in every way. You are my very Best Friend.



We went on my favorite trip I have ever been on (our honeymoon) to Seattle.




I also learned to sleep with a sound machine just for you :)
October 2011
We spent the weekend and listened to conference at your cabin.
I did your birthday surprise up at my cabin. We had a great weekend at the cabin, and we discovered the Yolk (one of our favorite restaurants).
We went dirt biking up Squaw Peak Trail on your birthday.
Carved our first pumpkin together.
and went trick or treating with my little brothers on Halloween.

November 2011
We made a Thankful Turkey where you wrote EVERYTHING you were thankful for :).
We had a fun first Thanksgiving dinner and we were able to relax and be together over the break.
We bought our first television on black Friday (never doing that again).
We went to the sand dunes, cut down our first Christmas tree, and decorated our apartment cute for Christmas!
December 2011
I loved all of our shopping trips for each other for Christmas.
Went to temple square.
Cooked together.
My brothers spent the night.
We had our first Christmas together and you helped me feel better when I woke up with the flu that morning. We spoiled each other and had a blast giving our thought out gifts.
We spent time with my family at the cabin and relaxed. We saw the most beautiful sunset where we danced in the road. We went on 10 dates in 2 weeks, slept in, and spent lots of time together to get to know each other better.
We spent the last day of the year smiling, eating good food with the family, loving the chocolate fountain, and me getting my very first New Years Kiss.
January 2012
 We have sleepovers, study too much, and my poor husband had to get shoulder surgery.
February 2012
We went to the World Ski Moguls in Deer Valley with Joe
and I am so excited for another Valentine's Day together!
All in all this year has been full of fun, laughter, and good times learning more about each other. I never stop laughing with you and everyday is a new surprise.

I couldn’t have asked for a better year Don Messick. Thank you for spending it with me and making me laugh until I get the hiccups on a daily basis. I have never smiled so much or been so happy. We have laughed together, cried together, learned to forgive, it has been a year of firsts, and most of all we have loved more than I thought possible. There isn’t a day that passes that I don’t love you more and more.
I am so excited to see what the new year of 2012 will bring along with the rest of our lives. I can’t wait to share it with you and have new adventures. I LOVE YOU. Thanks again for everything and for being a part of my life forever.










No comments:

Post a Comment