Since we both have night classes on Tuesday nights we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day on the Saturday before. Don had the date all planned out but that night I helped Rachel do her hair for a High School dance and Don came to my parents house to pick me up (like old times). He brought gifts and roses for me, then we headed out for our reservation at La Jolla Grove in the Riverwoods. If you haven't been there I highly recommend it. We love it there it.
After dinner we walked around outside and went into the toy store Blickenstaffs, where we could spend hours. We bought a cool new game, and then we headed to the movie theaters where Don so sweetly took me to "The Vow." I still can't decide what to think about the movie, but it was great to be with Don. We had an awesome night celebrating Valentine's Day together.
These are the only picture we took that night.
On actual Valentine's Day Don didn't think we were doing anything so I surprised him when he got home from his class. I had made a heart shaped pizza, strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting, Martinelli, treats and a movie. We had one of my favorite nights ever. We relaxed and spent time together. Oh we also celebrated kisses. One year ago from that day we had our first kiss. I will tell the story after the pictures.
Exactly one year ago from this Valentine's Day Don asked me out on a formal date. I was nervous because I knew something could come of us so I said "sorry I have to go to FHE I am in charge of it." Which was true but I was mostly nervous. Don was kind of shocked at this response and then a couple days later I felt bad because I really liked him so I called back and said "can I still come." He said yes (I think a little hesitantly) because he thought I didn't like him, but we went. We ended up having an awesome date and when Don dropped me off at my house he gave me a respectful cute kiss, I could tell how nervous he was so I pulled him back for a second longer kiss. It was perfect. There were fireworks. I am so glad that I ended up going on that date.
On President's Day weekend we went up to the cabin with my family. We always enjoy these relaxing trips. This was a different trip though because Don had to do calm things because of his shoulder so he couldn't go sledding or anything but nonetheless we had a great time. We did puzzles, ate great food, played games, slept in, forgot about homework, went to the good old Woodland ward, and walked on the ice at Dear Creek.
Poor Donny couldn't sled!
I love this man more than anything, everything we do together is my favorite time ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment