"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

4.13.2012

Easter Weekend in Scottsdale AZ

I know this is a little late because of finals week and all but Thursday the 5th I flew down to Arizona with my cute mother-in-law for a dental conference she was doing. Don and Steve left on Wednesday to ride the motorcycles down. 
Side Note: You know you are so in love when you can't even fall asleep for hours without him. This was the first night that I had to sleep alone without Don and it took me FOREVER to get to sleep, I needed him there to cuddle with me, say our prayers, and tickle my back. 
Anyways for Camla's work we stayed in the Scottsdale Plaza, which if you haven't been is the most gorgeous resort. I felt so fancy and loved the almost private pool we had. This resort is seriously breath taking.
Our weekend consisted of laying in the hot Arizona sun all day by the pool, watching the cute little bunnies that are all over the resort, going to old town Scottsdale, eating great food, and being with awesome company. Oh and driving all the way back to Utah on the Harleys (12 hour drive in a car). 
This was the first "big" ride I have ever taken on the Harley and it actually wasn't bad. I enjoyed the scenery and being on the back with my handsome man driving. Thanks to my great boss for giving me a jell seat for my bum the only thing that hurt were my knees from being in a 90 degree angle for so long. We drove from Scottsdale to St George the first day and then from St George to Provo the second day. The time weirdly enough actually goes by quicker when you are on the back of a Harley as opposed to the car (don't ask why) it just does. I am also lucky to have the SWEETEST man in the entire world to help me stay comfortable. He knew that my knees were hurting so every time we would be on a straightaway he would put his hand back on one knee at a time and massage them. I am so lucky to have him. 
Our room, the beds were on the second floor.
Don was in heaven in this cowboy store....look at that smile. 
Expensive but I loved them.
I love my second parents
The ride
Lake Mead
When we got to my parents house for a delicious Easter Dinner we had lots of yummy candy from the Easter bunny.  Hopefully everyone had a great Easter.


1 comment:

  1. How come I didn't know you had a BLOG!!!! You two are SO so so darling! I'm totally following yoU! miss you!

    ReplyDelete